Some Small Sense

Shopping experiences and store reviews by a very petite woman. Indeed, it sucks. 4'10", 87 pounds, and full grown - is it a surprise I have trouble finding clothes?

February 23, 2007

Cheap, Fast, and Painless Way to Grow 12 Inches!

No, it's not some warped XXX ad or some crazy growth hormone.... Unlike either of those, this one is proven to work!

I love to make homemade soups and stocks, so I bought this pot a while ago. Cheap too at around $100 - pasta and steamer basket included. Disclaimer: cracker box is only used to demonstrate size. Buyer is solely responsible for producing edible items.

But since I live in a tiny Manhattan apartment, I ran out of places to store it. No sweat though, as I wound up just leaving it out - and I'm glad I did! Most of my storage space is way above my head, and I'd been meaning to get a step stool. But I soon realized I didn't need to - I already had one built in! This lovely multi-purpose household aid added a full foot to my height. Suddenly, even the cabinets above the fridge were easy to reach! It was also pretty helpful in giving me a boost to standing on my miniscule kitchen counter (for those hard to reach top shelves).

While I certainly will say don't try this at home, you do have to wonder for yourself - just exactly how strong is stainless steel? I haven't a clue, but is anyone out there able to calculate what weight limit this pot can support?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger deelirium said...

Hmm I have that pot too...

Well, if we don't see another blog post from you in a long time, now we'll know why.

February 24, 2007 2:09 PM  
Blogger Livemalls said...

The pot will work in a pince, but I wouldn't trust it as a permanent stepstool :-)

February 26, 2007 10:38 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I think you're just jealous of my new pot/stepstool Steve! ;)

February 26, 2007 10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the pot actually tall enough though? I find I often need to get on the 3rd step of my stepstool to get ot the higher shelves! Maybe you can pile up 2 pots!

March 19, 2007 8:54 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Er...I'm completely sure this is NOT safe, but I do it anyway. I'm a bit of a climber, so I kinda boost myself up to stand on the counter to reach the highest shelves. I probably should stop doing that after 35 right?

Without climbing onto the counter, I can reach the shelf above the fridge with a teeny stetch.

March 19, 2007 2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to use a stool around my cupboards.If only we had them lowered slightly.Sometimes it can be dangerous if i have to stretch too far.I am a height of 4'9 so most of my life i am stretching anyway.My husband comes in handy if i am in a rush.

October 15, 2007 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home