Some Small Sense

Shopping experiences and store reviews by a very petite woman. Indeed, it sucks. 4'10", 87 pounds, and full grown - is it a surprise I have trouble finding clothes?

June 08, 2006

Jimmy Au's Menswear - For you short guys, formal wear, finally!

Jimmy Au's For Men 5'8" and Under
9408 Brighton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310-888-8708

Out of sympathy for my brother and short guy friends, I've kept an eye out for 'petite menswear' - and I came across this in my usual web sweep of all things short. Jimmy Au's specializes in tailored clothing for men under 5'5", with particular emphasis on "proportion and perception". They've been around for 30 years or so, which means they definitely have a customer base.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to do any business online yet - but after I called Jimmy directly (yes, he actually picked up himself!), they may be doing online sales in the near future. If anyone's going out to LA area, check it out and let me know! Their price point was described to me as Saks level - but for ready-to-wear small sized mens stuff, I'd think it's probably worth it.

There's going to be a short men's designer fashion show on the NBC's Today Show on June 12th. I am currently TV-less so I'm going to try to swing by and watch the show there. This should be fascinating! Anyone willing to record for me? I have no TV!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home